10) Are less likely go missing in the house since they can’t fit into the tiny spaces a kitten can.
9) Have robust purring ‘motors’ that are sure to calm and de-stress their humans.
8) Have developed their personalities so there are no surprises. You know what you’re getting.
7) Bathe themselves. All the better since introducing them to water could be hazardous to your health.
6) Sleep 16 hours out of 24 a day so they may not even notice that you’ve gone off and left them alone.
5) Know who’s boss in the family. They are.
4) Are past the chew-on-everything stage, so there’s no need to kitten-proof your home.
3) Are expert taste testers. They’ll let you know what cat food is the best so you won’t continue to waste money buying the bad kinds.
2) Are skilled trainers. They quickly have their humans behaving as they find appropriate.
And the number 1 reason to adopt an adult cat:
You don’t want to miss out on all the warmth, affection and appreciation a shelter cat has to give.